Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Green Lantern Reviews

Up until about two weeks ago, I was ridiculously behind on all of the Green Lantern series’. So much so in fact, that I didn’t feel comfortable reading Brightest Day either. So I made it my mission to catch up on everything in order to read the new issues as they came out. I was actually kind of dreading it, but it was fabulous! I got so immersed in the Green Lantern world that I once I was up to date I was aching for more. Thankfully this week included both Green Lantern and Green Lantern Emerald Warriors.

 

emerald warriors

Green Lantern Emerald Warriors Issue #3

Written by: Peter Tomasi

Art by: Fernando Pasarin and Cam Smith

Let’s talk about Emerald Warriors first because I am a Guy Gardner convert. There, I said it. This does not mean that my love of Kyle Rayner is faltering, far from it, but Guy Gardner has really grown on me and Emerald Warriors as a series is bursting with potential greatness. First of all, you can’t go wrong with Arisia and Kilowog as backup, right Poozers? Right. Second, the internal struggle for Guy fighting between the green and red rings has really given him depth. This month’s issue took our characters to Odym, home to the Blue Lanterns. While it was obvious that Guy was going to choose not to rid himself of the red lantern rage, getting there was a riot. I don’t know what it is about the red lanterns that I enjoy so much, but all of them are extremely interesting. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that they are the only lanterns who are so overtly driven by their rings. Bleze is going to be a fun addition to the gang as we watch Guy try to keep her in check. I imagine there will be a lot of blood spewing. Next month takes us to Daxam where they will hopefully save Sodom Yat from his horrible home-world.

 

green lantern

Green Lantern Issue #58

Written by: Geoff Johns

Art by: Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy

In Green Lantern this month I was overjoyed to see Carol put Hal in is his place. I think at one point I literally yelled, “Take that!” because let’s admit it, Hal has put Carol through the emotional ringer. But back to the issue, currently Hal, Carol, Sinestro, Larfleeze, and Atrocitus are trying to find the entities before they’re captured by the creepy little guardian who hasn’t been identified yet. We have a theory on that, but we’re going to see how it plays out. This month revolved around the blue entity Adara who saved a little girl from a disturbing situation by merging with her but now our heroes don’t know what to do with her. Learning more about the entities has been fascinating during this story. Carol stroking the Predator like a pet really speaks to how alien they really are. I’m anxious to see what happens when Hal finds out what the Indigos are up to and I know it’s wrong, but I sincerely hope that Larfleeze isn’t as evil as Paul seems to think he is. Until next month!

0 comments:

Post a Comment