Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

10 Titles Announced!

I’m a bit behind getting this up, but DC announced 10 of the new titles today, and it’s mainly good, if not great news.

Aquaman by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis.  This was already announced but now it’s definite and I will be reading it.  Geoff Johns has been very passionate about this project for quite awhile and Ivan Reis always does such beautiful work.

Captain Atom by JT Krul and Freddie Williams II.   This is most likely a miss for me. 

DC Universe Presents.  This is going to be arcs from various superheroes, but they are starting with Deadman so we’re reading it. 

Firestorm by Gail Simone, Ethan Van Sciver, and Yildiray Cinar.  Yay Gail!  We’re still waiting to hear what else she’s working on, but I’m excited to see her take on this series.

The Flash by Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato.  I’m really excited to see Francis Manapul take the reigns on this series.  His art on the previous Flash was gorgeous and I’m looking forward to where he takes the Flash family.

Green Arrow by JT Krul and Dan Jurgens.  I’m disappointed with this.  JT Krul and I completely disagree on the Green Arrow journey.  I think he’s a good writer, I would just like to see the story go in a different direction and I think Mia and Connor are pivotal characters.  Good or bad though, I’m a sucker for Green Arrow and I’m not going to stop reading it.  I’ll just keep sighing heavily.

Hawkman by Tony Daniel and Philip Tan.  The previous rumor had been that James Robinson would be writing this series and while I like him, I was lukewarm about that idea.  With Tony Daniel though, I’m there with bells on.

Justice League International by Dan Jurgens and Aaron Lopresti.  The solicit cover for this is filling me with warm fuzzies for a variety of reasons.  First though, let me say I was a little sad that Judd Winick isn’t writing it, but Dan Jurgens is great so no worries there.  Let’s look at this line up though: Booster Gold, Guy Gardner, Vixen, Fire, Ice, Rocket Red, August General in Iron, a mysterious woman in black (could be Donna, could be Gypsy, time will tell), and Batman.  Now if Batman is also in JLA, does this mean that the Batman in JLI is Dick?  Fingers crossed people!

Mister Terrific by Eric Wallace and Roger Robinson.  I’ll pick up the first issue and check it out, I honestly have no opinion either way on this one.

Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang.  This is a jump and down with joy kind of team.  Super stoked!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment